Jun 1 2020
Per the Phase 2 order of the Govenor, the Abbeville Library and the Kaplan Library will open to the public on June 8, 2020 with their usual working hours.
Erath, Maurice, Gueydan and Delcambre will continue to work with curbside service only.
Summer Reading activities will continue to be virtual, registration is by registration packet only and crafts will still be “Grab & Go”.
The following guidelines will be followed:
– The building capacity for Abbeville will be 53 patrons
and Kaplan will be 14 patrons at one time.
– Patrons may use the library to check out materials, use
the public computers or WiFi and make copies.
– NO extended stays or social gatherings are permitted,
and patrons may be asked to leave after one hour if
others are waiting to enter the building.
– All computer sessions are limited to one hour per patron,
– Library patrons must maintain social distancing of at
least six feet at all times and masks are encouraged.
– Library meeting rooms are CLOSED to the public until
– There will be NO in-in person programs until further
– There will be NO seating available in either branch.
If anyone has any questions, concerns or if you are unsure what services are available please email email@example.com