Aug 17 2021
The Vermilion Parish Library will be implementing a new program offering WiFi hotspots, along with laptop checkouts, to help give Vermilion Parish residents access to internet where and when they need it. The hotspots will be available for checkout starting on Monday, August 23, 2021.
The mobile hotspots can be borrowed from any branch of the Vermilion Parish Library by patrons who have a library card in good standing. These hotspots will provide mobile internet access at no cost to the library patron.
Library Director Charlotte Bourg says, “This new program will give our patrons access to the internet at home so that they can apply for a job or housing, do schoolwork, or just connect in ways that many of us take for granted on a daily basis. We hope that these hotspots give our community access to any resource that they may need”.
Here is the checkout policy for Hotspots:
* Borrowers must be over the age of 15
* Borrowers personal contact information must be current at all times
* Borrowers must have a valid library card.
* Check out for 7 days
* Available on a first-come, first-served basis. They cannot be reserved ahead of time
* Must be returned in prime (clean) condition. They cannot be dirty, scratched, or missing parts.
* They SHALL NOT be returned in the book drop or overnight drop box. They have to be
returned to a staff member.
* If they are lost, damaged or stolen, borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost plus any
* They MAY NOT be used for illegal purposes.
* A $10.00 fine per day will be assessed and library privileges will be revoked until fines are
paid if not returned on time.
* Only ONE hotspot per library card may be checked out at any time.
If you have any questions or need any further information please call 337-893-2674.