Louisiana Lagniappe is a collection of more than 70 web resources pertaining to Louisiana history, law, business, government, geography and education.
Legal and Legislative | Louisiana Government | Newspapers and Periodicals
- Louisiana.gov – Official state government Web site.
- Birth Certificates – The Louisiana Vital Records Registry holds Louisiana birth certificates less than 101 years old and Louisiana Death Certificates less than 51 years old. Includes application forms and local satellite offices. For Louisiana births over 100 years ago or deaths over 50 years ago, submit order to the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Tax Forms – Most commonly requested tax forms available in electronic format, includes the current year forms as well as for the previous five years.
- Unclaimed Property – Database searchable by name for property that has been “lost” or unclaimed in Louisiana and other states.
- Food Stamps – Use to answer Food Stamp questions, including eligibility.
- Soup Kitchens/Homeless Shelters – Contact information for shelters and soup kitchens by city.
- Lottery Winning Numbers – Winning numbers for last seven Louisiana lottery games.
- 2000 Census Data – 15 largest places and parishes, population by city, social and economic characteristics.
- Nursing Home Comparisons – Compare detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country. Searchable by state, parish or city.
TAX FORMS and INSTRUCTIONS
- Internal Revenue Service – For federal tax help, information and filing.
- Louisiana Department of Revenue – For Louisiana state tax help, information and filing.