Louisiana Lagniappe is a collection of more than 70 web resources pertaining to Louisiana history, law, business, government, geography and education.
Legal and Legislative | Louisiana Government | Newspapers and Periodicals
- Louisiana Register of Historic Places – 1161 sites in Louisiana listed on National Register of Historic Sites; includes information, photographs, and maps. Searchable by name, parish, city, type of structure.
- Locate Parish by City Name – Census Bureau “lookup” to locate parish by city or zip code.
- City/Parish – Reverse search for parish with all cities or by city to identify parish. Includes demographic information on both, as well as parish officials. Available from the National Association of Counties (NACO).
- National Register of Historic Places – The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation’s historic places worthy of preservation. Authorized by the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate and protect America’s historic and archeological resources.
- State Art Collection – 125 works of contemporary art by Louisiana artists and drawings, paintings, sculpture, etchings, lithographs, photography, ceramics, and stained glass.
- Photographs of Louisiana – 1480+ photographs of Louisiana in JPEG form. Searchable by keyword, city, season, topic, or for multicultural topics.
- LSU Digital Library – 3400 photographs from the LSU Digital Library include images of Louisiana cities, people, landscapes, and waterways dating from mid-1800 to early 1900.
- Historical Maps of Louisiana – Printable Louisiana Maps.
- Native Americans Map – Louisiana Native American Locales Map, folk regions of the state, and listing Indian tribal areas.
- Outline Map of Louisiana – Basic outline map of state showing parish outlines. No names indicated.
- Parish Outline Map – Basic outline map of parishes. Includes parish names, but no city names. Gateway to other types of basic maps.
- Explore Louisiana Digitally – Includes demographic and historic map images.
- Google Earth – Powerful tool for the desktop computer, the web, even your mobile phone. You can explore the moon, the sky, the ocean, and mars! Check out the historical imagery feature of Vermilion Parish’s coastal erosion.
- Governors of Louisiana – List of all Louisiana governors with short biographical sketches, photographs and sound bites.
- Jimmie Davis – Biography of Jimmie Davis, former governor, famous for “You Are My Sunshine”. You can listen to the song.
- Famous Louisiana Persons – List (only) of well-known Louisiana personalities.
- More Famous Louisianians – More famous Louisiana persons, both living and dead.
- Famous Louisiana Women – Famous Louisiana women with short biographies, no photographs.