Louisiana Lagniappe is a collection of more than 70 web resources pertaining to Louisiana history, law, business, government, geography and education.
Legal and Legislative | Louisiana Government | Newspapers and Periodicals
LEGAL AND LEGISLATIVE
- Louisiana Constitution of 1974 – Louisiana Constitution in PDF format. Search by article number. Not searchable by keyword.
- Revised Statutes of 1950 – Search Louisiana Revised Statutes, Constitution, and Codes by citation or keyword.
- Legislative Bills – Search for legislative bills by session date, bill number, or author.
- Louisiana Register – Search agency rules and regulations by keyword or section. Includes Executive orders issued by Office of the Governor.
- Louisiana Administrative Code – LA Administrative codes are a state certified publication that provides a set of rules which have been formally adopted or amended by Louisiana State agencies.
- Municipal Codes for Cities – Online ordinances for various Louisiana cities and towns.
- Legal Notices – Compilation of public notices published anywhere in the state of Louisiana. Includes statewide notices about hearings, advertisements for bids, financial reports, adoption of ordinances, and other government activities legally requiring public notice.
- Louisiana Lawyers, Laws and Resources – Your search for a lawyer in Louisiana can begin right here by accessing one of the frequently requested areas, or, use the free directory for more options such as name searches and to locate lawyers in another state.
- U.S. Senators – Members of U. S. Senate searchable by state. Links provide biographical as well as contact information.
- U.S. Representatives – Search by name, state delegation, or zip code to locate your representative.
- Search for Louisiana Legislators – Search for Senators or Representatives by address, city or zip code. Includes listing of legislators from 1880 to present.
- Election Results – Official election returns back to 1987. Ballot information for candidate names, amendments, propositions, etc.
- Elected Officials – Statewide, parish or local officials, both current and historical.
- Boards and Commissions – Search for state boards or commissions by full or partial name.
- Lemon Law – Lemon law information from the Louisiana Office of the Attorney General.
- Orientation Guide for Louisiana House Members – Guide for new legislators issued every four years. Explains background of legislature, legislative duties and functions, Code of Ethics, etc. Good background information.
- Know the Law. Louisiana Laws for Youth – Online edition of Know the Law. Louisiana Laws for Youth by Louisiana Office of Attorney General and West Feliciana Sheriff’s Office, it explains the laws and legal situations that directly affect teenagers. Print versions are also available.
- Louisianalawhelp.org – Basic information about civil and legal rights, courts systems, health, education, and family matters. A joint project of a coalition of Louisiana legal services programs.
- PAR (Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana) – PAR is an independent voice, offering solutions to critical public issues in LA through accurate, objective research and focusing public attention on those solutions.
- Louisiana State Laws – Laws for the State of Louisiana.