Louisiana Lagniappe is a collection of more than 70 web resources pertaining to Louisiana history, law, business, government, geography and education.
Legal and Legislative | Louisiana Government | Newspapers and Periodicals
LEGAL AND LEGISLATIVE
- Revised Statutes – Search Louisiana Revised Statutes, Constitution, and Codes by citation or keyword.
- Louisiana Lawyers, Laws and Resources – Your search for a lawyer in Louisiana can begin right here by accessing one of the frequently requested areas, or, use the free directory for more options such as name searches and to locate lawyers in another state.
- U.S. Senators – Members of U. S. Senate searchable by state. Links provide biographical as well as contact information.
- U.S. Representatives – Search by name, state delegation, or zip code to locate your representative.
- Search for Louisiana Legislators – Search for Senators or Representatives by address, city or zip code. Includes listing of legislators from 1880 to present.
- Election Results – Official election returns back to 1987. Ballot information for candidate names, amendments, propositions, etc.
- Boards and Commissions – Search for state boards or commissions by full or partial name.
- Orientation Guide for Louisiana House Members – Guide for new legislators issued every four years. Explains background of legislature, legislative duties and functions, Code of Ethics, etc. Good background information.
- Louisianalawhelp.org – Basic information about civil and legal rights, courts systems, health, education, and family matters. A joint project of a coalition of Louisiana legal services programs.
- PAR (Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana) – PAR is an independent voice, offering solutions to critical public issues in LA through accurate, objective research and focusing public attention on those solutions.
- Gale Legal Forms – Thousands of legal forms available with more forms being added daily. Official, State Specific, Federal, Business, Personal, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues.
- Louisiana Revised Statues – Searchable database of Louisiana laws.
- Legal Information Reference Center – Database and information covering a wide range of legal subjects.
- Louisiana State bar Association’s “Find Legal Help” – This page is designed to help you find an attorney in your area, and other services and resources that may be of assistance.
- Legal Services Corporation – Established in 1974, LSC operates as an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that promotes equal access to justice and provides grants for high-quality civil legal assistance to low-income Americans. LSC distributes more than 90% of its funding to 131 independent nonprofit legal aid programs with more than 890 offices.