- Anyone may apply for a Vermilion Parish Library Card.
- Your first library card is free. Proof of address, a valid phone number and a reference are required.
- Vermilion Parish library users’ first card is free; afterwards there is a $1.00 charge per card for the next five (5) replacement cards. After five replacement cards, cards will cost $3.00 per card.
- Parents must sign for children and assume responsibility for the items the child checks out.
- Library cards should be treated as credit cards. They should be carried with you at all times and reported missing at once if lost or stolen.
- Patrons assume responsibility for all use of their card.
- Library cards must be renewed every three years by providing current address and telephone number.
- Library cards are required for computer use.
- Patrons cannot share library cards.
Children from birth to age 14 are issued their own library cards. A child’s parent, grandparent or legal guardian must apply for the card. No one other than the parent, step-parent, grandparent or legal guardian can make the application. Proof of guardian may be required. Children birth-age 14 need parental signature to obtain a library card.
Individuals age 15 and older may obtain a library card on their own recognizance. Proof of current address, a valid phone number and a reference are required. Application for the card must be made in person.